Saturday, March 14, 2009

Baby and quilt delivered safely

I guess you should never put things off- I am very guilty of this. However, after getting it togeather and finishing the African Quilts, I called the lady to pick them up. She came right away and got them. When she went home she called the girl who it was to be given to only to find out that she was in labour. Wow I was thinking I just got that done on time. For those of you who have been following this saga you know that the girls mother died a few years ago of cancer. When Nicole was in Pallitive Care they had hung the African gown in the window and with the sun shining thru all the colours were vivid and alive in the room. The friend went to the hospital and presented the baby quilt to the daughter as she was in labour and they hung it in the room. This made her feel that her mom was there with her throughout her labour and delivery and she found this very comforting. I was called this morning and told the story by her friend and it was very heartwarming and motivated me to actually finish projects that I have on the go. You never know when a situation like this will happen. A healthy bouncing baby boy was born this morning and he and mom are doing well. I feel so great that this quilt was finished and able to play a small part in this baby's start to life.

5 comments:

Bunny said...

I came across your blog today through Just Us Quilters.
I am guilty of putting things off myself. My oldest son and his wife are expecting a son some time in Juse. I bought the fabric and have the pattern and haven't started it yet.
This is a good reminder not to put things off if at all possible.
Thanks. Love your blog.

crazyquiltlady said...

Thank you. Be sure and enjoy your new grandchild - I became a first time Gramma 9 months ago-
Michael is the light of my life-
As I am going down to be with Erin for the delivery I am finishing his quilt- Will I ever learn? LOL

MyCretanlife said...

What a lovely story. Good job you finished it when you did.

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

I just stopped by to look at your blog. What a nice thing to do. To use the fabric from a loved one to make a quilt for the next generation.
I'm sure that will be a favorite for many years to come.
Hope you have a nice day. :o}
Regena

Lisa said...

You left a comment on my blog so I found yours and have been enjoying it. This story is SO AWESOME! It reiterates that a quilt isn't just a blanket, but a gift from the heart that can be so meaningful.