Wednesday, February 25, 2009

African Quilt




A client approached me this week with an unusual request. This lady is a Doctor who travels to African regularily to tend to African women. A local lady would often accompany her to help these ladies. The local lady fell ill and died of cancer a few years ago. The lady was buried in a Zimbobway (sp) dress and head dress- her daughters gave the Doctor her good friend the head dress after the funeral- Two of the Daughters are pregnant and her friend came in with the head dress and asked me to make two baby quilts and include the fabric in them. However, my challenge was that I could only use a minimal amount of the fabric as there is not much and more babies would be coming at some point. The two choices I made that would work and incorporate a small amount of the beautiful fabric. I did test squares for her to approve two different patterns as she did not want them the same- hopefully these will work for her!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

very nice. I love the colours...so rich.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story. I am sure the daughters will really appreciate the baby quilts.






Newbie momma