Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dignity Quilt

I was approached by a local nursing home to create a Dignity Quilt - I had no idea what this was but this Nursing Home was my mother's home for many years so they do hold a special place in my life- When a resident passes on at the nursing home the funeral home comes and takes the resident out of the home thru the hallways of the home

The staff and residents wanted a quilt created to cover the resident on their journey out of the home = " To leave with Dignity "- I was given carte blanche on this project so I created a center with Doves flying upwards - then added several borders to it as it had to be a specific size.

Hope to have a picture posted soon!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome to Blog Land. Looking forward to seeing a picture of the quilt. It is a wonderful idea.

crazyquiltlady said...

Thanks Newbie

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing idea! What an honor for you to be chosen to make this quilt. But judging by your pictures, you deserve the honor! I love the black, white and red quilt!

crazyquiltlady said...

Thank you Lisa